Saturday, May 10, 2008

Fungus Gnat Infestation

AHHHHH! There are TONS of little fungus gnats flying around my plants. I've been killing them in the mornings when they are all looking out the window by spraying them with windex. There is a fungus gnat graveyard on the window ledge. Today I took more steps in the war against them. I've put a piece of raw potato on each plant for the larvae to move into tonight while i sleep. i also put tape along that ledge so the adult gnats will get trapped and die. I have been drying out my plants to keep the larvae from developing so I can kill them with hydrogen peroxide, but a few were looking awfully thirsty, so i watered those with hydrogen peroxide today (one part 3% H2O2 to 4 parts water, in case you need to do this, too). They fizzed. It was neat. I REALLY hope this gets rid of them and I can love them again some more. I did take some more pictures, maybe I will post them tomorrow. The veggies seem to be doing quite well.

No comments: