Saturday, May 10, 2008

Look how big they are!

This is the lettuce. It seems to be doing quite well, growing new little leaves all the time.












This is a new addition. I have been wanting to grow mint for some time now, but have never been able to find mint seeds. Maybe mint doesn't grow from a seed, i dunno. It has square stems, I know that. So, anyway, I was walking down the street and I passed a plant store and I thought to myself, 'hey, that looks like mint'. So i walked over and felt the stem to see if it was round or square and it was square, so I knew it was a mint. It is a peppermint, and it came in a paper carton that made it impossible to water and Target didn't have any small pots for me to put it in, but I did have an empty coffee can, so I pounded some holes in it and planted it in there. Voila. (I think I like it best of all, and it smells good!)






My nasturtium is doing lovely. It really loves the light.













Herbs seem to be doing ok. Something has finally sprouted in the Thyme section. Also, I planted some more chives in there, but haven't seen any coming up.










Check out the cucumbers! The little baby leaves are dying and falling off and they are growing new real cucumber leaves. I was worried for a little bit that there was something wrong, but it seems this is just the way cucumbers work.









Here's my two little tomato plants. Still very small. But finally getting a little bit bigger...












Carrots! Old ones in back, young ones in front. I have no idea how to tell when I should pull them up.











Peppers are looking lovely.














Beans are still monsters. They are losing some leaves, as well.


The basil and the aloe and the lemon trees are all still doing fine. They just haven't changed much since the last time you saw them, so I didn't bother with a photo.

No comments: