Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Beginnings

I want a garden. I want fresh veggies. I have a huge windowsill. I am taking up windowsill farming. It's an experiment, so we'll see what happens. I ordered a bunch of seeds from conatinerseeds.com, picked some up from my local hardware store, and got some pots and soil. I spent Sunday morning potting plants and making my windowsill lovely. I now have 4 types of beans, pepper, tomato, basil, thyme, cilantro, chives, nasturtium, 3 lemon plants (that I planted about 6 months ago using seeds I got out of a lemon), and an aloe plant.
This is my second go at herbs in this windowsill, they all started dying last summer when I was out of town for two weeks and I never brought them back to life. I planted them about 2 weeks ago, and they have all sprouted.
I picked up some additional soil this afternoon on my way home from work so I can plant carrots and cucumbers. I also picked up some lettuce seeds, and I figure I'll plant those in one of the lemon's pots (who needs THREE lemon trees?). Once I've got those in the ground all that is left is waiting and watering...

No comments: